Courses Aims and Outcomes:
This course is intended to provide participants with a range of knowledge and skills to perform the following functions associated with the selection and installation of child restraints:
- Understand and apply the relevant legislation with respect to the selection of child restraints;
- Select an appropriate child restraint for a child of any height and weight based on the legal
- requirements; and
- Correctly fit various child restraints to a vehicle that is supplied with factory fitted child restraint anchorage points and anchor fittings.
On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded with a Nationally Accredited Statement of Attainment.
Course Entry Requirements:
- Have the physical ability to freely manoeuvre around the interior of a vehicle;
- Be fluent in reading and writing English;
- Be 18 years of age or over; and
- Wear closed-toe shoes during the practical component of training.
Style of Delivery and Assessment:
The theoretical component is delivered face to face with group involvement, followed by a knowledge based assessment via a written theory test where candidates can use their reference manual for assistance.
The practical tasks are demonstrated by the trainer and then practiced by the participants. The participants will then be observed installing different types of child restraints in vehicles for the practical assessment requirement.